- 1 The OTRS survey module
- 1.1 Installation
- 1.2 Configuration
- 1.3 Creating Surveys
- 1.4 Survey Status
- 1.5 Take Survey
- 1.6 Statistics
The OTRS survey module
The survey module enables OTRS to send out automated surveys to customers. Typically this would be used for customer satisfaction surveys.
The module is installed via the package manager.
The number of days to wait between two survey invitations. A value of "0" will mean that a survey must be sent to the customer for every closed ticket. If a value of "30" is used, then a survey invitation mail is only sent to a customer once every 30 days at most.
The default email address used to send the survey invitations to customers. This will be the "from" address. This value can be changed when creating a new survey.
The default subject of emails sent to the customer inviting them to participate in the survey. This value can be changed when creating a new survey.
The default body content of emails sent to the customer inviting them to participate in the survey. This value can be changed when creating a new survey.
The link to the survey itself is
If the regular expression value here return true, no survey will be sent. This can be achieved, then, that some recipients will not receive emails - By default, the addresses that start with MAILER-DAEMON, postmaster or abuse are typical system addresses. This configuration is important for the statistics, since the relationship of the questionnaires sent to the surveys will be logged.
Ticket event module that automatically polls emails to customers if their ticket is closed. This must be enabled to ensure that the survey is sent.
Event: (TicketStateUpdate|StateSet) Module: Kernel::System::Ticket::Event::SurveySendRequest
Click the "New" icon to create a new survey.
The fields should be self-explanatory:
- Title: The title of the survey is used to identify and also appears on the survey page that the customer is presented with.
- Introduction: The introduction is designed to give the customer more information about the survey - this is displayed on the survey page that is presented to the customer.
- Internal Description: This is only used internally and not shown to the customer.
After creating a new survey, you need to save before you can add questions. After saving, edit the survey and you will be able to add new questions at the bottom of the page.
Types of questions can be based on the usual survey question types. This includes yes/no questions, single selection, multiple selection and free text questions.
In order to add possible answers to a question of type "Radio (list)" or "Checkbox (list)", click on the question link. You will then be able to add possible answers.
The status of a survey intended to participate in what way the customer in the survey.
- New: After creating a survey it will have the status "new". Only in the surveys with the "new" status can be edited!
- Master: Surveys with the "master" status will be sent as a survey on closing a ticket.
- Valid: Surveys with the "valid" status can be participated in but the link to the survey is not sent anymore.
- Invalid: Surveys with the "invalid" status - one can only look at the results of the survey.
Surveys cannot be deleted - they can only be set to inactive.
When the user receives an email with a request to participate in the survey, a URL is sent with a unique ID that entitles the customer to one-time participation. It is not possible to vote multiple times. Furthermore, answering the questions of the survey is connected to the ticket.
In the Stats Overview section, you can view the statistics of the questions. In addition, there is the "stats" link which directs you to the details of each survey response as well as the ticket it is linked to.
Only answered free text fields will be shown in this section